Theivanai Ammal College focuses on various research activities in PG, M.Phil and Ph.D level. The thrust area of research in the institution focuses on
* Fluid dynamics
* Organic synthesis
* Bioorganic Chemistry
* Non linear optics
* Antioxidant assays
* Materials science
* Toxicological studies
* Phytochemical analysis
* Cancer biology
* Cell line studies
* Radiation physics
For imparting good quality of higher education and conducting research in emerging fields of science and technology, DST-FIST has initiated a grant of Rs. 45 lakhs for purchasing scientific equipments and initiation of ‘TACW Central Instrumentation Lab’ in the college"
Objectives of the DST-FIST LAB
* To provide skill based learning environment for development of rural scientific educational society, especially for women.
* To strengthen research programmes and increases the number of publication.
* To obtain major research projects with the facilities created.
* To file patents for future invention.
* To render services to nearby institution for developing research activity.
Principal Investigator & Associate professor of Biochemistry
TACW Central instrumentation facility,
(Supported by ‘0’ level DST-FIST),
Theivanai Ammal College for Women(A), Villupuram.
Mobile No: 9843555059.
Telephone No: 04146 259 674