Theivanai Ammal College focuses on various research activities in PG, M.Phil and Ph.D level. The thrust area of research in the institution focuses on
- Fluid dynamics
- Organic synthesis
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Non linear optics
- Antioxidant assays
- Materials science
- Toxicological studies
- Phytochemical analysis
- Cancer biology
- Cell line studies
- Radiation physics
For imparting good quality of higher education and conducting research in emerging fields of science and technology, DST-FIST has initiated a grant of Rs. 45 lakhs for purchasing scientific equipments and initiation of ‘TACW Central Instrumentation Lab’ in the college"
Objectives of the DST-FIST LAB
- To provide skill based learning environment for development of rural scientific educational society, especially for women.
- To strengthen research programmes and increases the number of publication.
- To obtain major research projects with the facilities created.
- To file patents for future invention.
- To render services to nearby institution for developing research activity.
Dr. J. Kalaimathi
Principal Investigator & Associate professor of Biochemistry TACW Central instrumentation facility,
(Supported by ‘0’ level DST-FIST),
Theivanai Ammal College for Women(A), Villupuram. Mobile No: 9843555059.
Telephone No: 04146 259 674