To promote research culture among the teachers and students through research centre by mobilizing research grants from various funding agencies and utilizing funded projects for the purpose of serving the community.
A full time research coordinator appointed to coordinate the research activities of the college.
Research in the campus
- Four Departments Commerce, Computer Science, Mathematics and Tamil in the College have been identified for promoting Ph.D research by the Tiruvalluvar University. The above Departments along with English and Chemistry have been identified for doing M.Phil research.
- TNSCST granted a sum of Rs.10,000 /- under PG student project scheme in the year 2017. Students of II M.Sc Physics Ms.N.Rajalakshmi, Ms.N.Preethi and Ms.R.Preethika did a group project titled “ Synthesis, Characterization and Spectroscopy Studies in Antibacterial Compounds” to receive the above grant.
- The application for DST- FIST at 0- level has been accepted for presentation on 1st Nov 2017.
- Student project proposals numbering 16 have been submitted to TNSCST for funding.
- A fully funded pedagogical workshop on research tools sponsored by DST/DBT and II SER Pune was attended by Dr.S.Sambath Kumar, HOD, Department of Chemistry held in SRM University from Sep 7th to 9th 2017.
- Proposals requesting for funding to conduct National Seminars in the College by various departments have been sent to UGC for approval.
Research to the Community
he following Programmes were held in the College
|Institution ||Programme ||Grant Received ||Year
||Scientific Awareness Programme
|DST, New Delhi
||Science Inspire Camp for XI students
||National Seminar on “Quality & Excellence in Higher Education”
||Rs. 75, 000
||Inservice Training to Secondary Grade Science Teachers
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
TNSCST sanctioned a grant of Rs.30,000/ for three student projects under the student Project scheme for the year 2017 – 2018.
|S. No ||Class & Major ||Title of the Project ||Submitted by ||Guide Name ||Amount
||II M.Sc Physics
||Thermal nonlinear optical studies on 3,5,5-trimethyl (cyclohex-2-enylidene) malononitrile for optical switching application.
||Ms. S. Kalpana, Ms. P. Parvathi
||Dr. D. Bharath AP, Physics
||II M.Sc Chemistry
||Corrosion Protection of Magnesium Alloy in Alkaline Medium with harmless Protectors
||Ms. Saritha, Ms. Kanimozhi
||Dr. S. Sambath Kumar AP, Chemistry
||II M.Sc Bio-Chemistry
||Bio – Polishing of Diaper Using Combination of Polianthes Tuberosa & Globe Amarnath Flower Extract and its Antiseptic property
||Ms. J. Sangeetha, Ms. M. Udhaya
||Dr.J. Kalaimathi AP,Bio - Chemistry